Level 1
Level 1

Scenario:

- Cisco Unity 4.0(4) SR1 as UM

- Exchange 2003 /

- Windows 2003

1 top level domain hosting the partner server

Subscribers is located in child domain.

UM-server is located in top level domain.

When deleting a subscriber from the SA page, i'm not able to import the same subscriber again.

Various diagnostic tools have been used in order to tracks this problem without luck.

I suspect that the SQl doesn't clean up properly, when deleting a subscriber but i do not have any evidence of this.

Have anybody experienced the same thing?

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I doubt SQL is leaving information behind, it's more likely that the user in AD is not being cleaned of their Unity properties and, thus, Unity thinks they're already a subscriber and wont let you import them again.

You can fire up the Remove Subscriber Properties - you can get the latest version here: http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_BunnyKiller.htm. Find the user in the browser and then select to clean them (if it offers the option to clean them then there are Unity specific properties left on the user which is the source of the problem). If it doesn't offer to let you clean them then there's another problem at play... but my money is on the location object Id property not being removed properly.

The question will then be why isn't it being removed on a delete - could be a rights issue, we'd need to look in the logs at the time of a delete to see if any errors are getting kicked back from AD on the clean (the SA doesn't wait around for this process to complete which can take a while).

Hi Lindborg.

I've tried the BunnyKiller, without succes.

Then reason for this is that BunnyKiller only traverses the domain tree, in which it is installed.

I figure that i need to installed on a machine in the domain where the subscriber is localed. Can you confirm this?

is there another way to determine if i have leftovers from a SA deleted subscriber?

Appreciate your´help

Wtih Regards Tonny

Yeah, Remove Subscriber Properties ("BunnyKiller" is so cruel sounding) only works in the domain it's running it - you can't hop domains with it.

Well, you can manually check a few of the properties using something like ADSI Edit - the most important ones are the ciscoEcsbuUMLocationObjectId and ciscoEcsbuObjectType which Unity uses to determine if this user is already a subscriber associated with a Unity box or not - if they aren't blank, it'll balk at adding them (i.e. they wont appear in your list of users to import).

You can get the full list of attributes for all objects in this white paper if you're interested:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_white_paper09186a00800875c5.shtml