Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to select call inputs on Cisco IP Phone during a call

itsadmin2187
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I am struggling with this intermittent issue and have yet to find a fix. We have been using this phone system for 4 years now and recently about every other call does not allow caller inputs to be passed through, i.e. "Press 1 for English." Interestingly enough, when the issue occurs hanging up and calling back a few times usually resolves it. We have not made any configuration changes to CUCM or CUC for at least 3-6 months, with the exclusion of renaming phones and creating voicemails. This issue occurs system-wide on both 8811 and 7811 models. I found this similar post, but both of the commands he recommends using are already in the router.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/unable-to-select-the-call-inputs-in-cisco-ip-phone-during-a-call/m-p/2905266#M326374

I have attached my router's configuration.

Thank you for any assistance.

3 Replies 3

itsadmin2187
Level 1
Level 1
Bump. Is there anymore information that may help in figuring out the issue, or should I be looking into opening a case with TAC?

Thank you

Ok, I changed the dtmf-relay to RPE-NTE and that fixed all local calls inbound and outbound, but not long distance calls. Any recommendations? I opened a ticket with our Suddenlink Provider, but I am not sure if they will know the answer.

Thank you

Come to find out, the issue was with Suddenlink our SIP Session provider. They resolved the issue.