cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Voicemail will not go unread

shane
Level 1
Level 1

I have a weird problem. I have Unity 4.0.3 Unified Messaging with an offbox Exchange 2003 Message Store. The users have outlook 2003 and when a voicemail goes into their inbox, they can listen to it or mark it as read but the email never goes unbold or gets an open envelope icon next to it like normal emails.

The phone MWI and envelope work properly, it is just on the outlook client that does not look right.

Any ideas?

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Presumably you have the VMO form installed on their outlook clients?

There's only one icon for voice mails if you have VMO installed - it doesn't change to an open envelope icon after it's read. It does go unbold, however, when the message is marked read.

I can see the envelope icon remaining the same regardless and that is ok, however my main issue is it just will not go unbold - even when you mark as read.

Actually, I dont have VMO installed on the client PC, but I can try that and see if that helps.

If you don't have VMO installed then this isn't going to be related to us in any direct way - I'm using Outlook 2003, Unity 4.0(3) with VMO installed and everything works fine. All these messages are is emails with attached WAV files - there's no reason why the Outlook client without VMO forms installed should be treating them any differently than normal email messages...

JimSJ
Level 4
Level 4

Shane,

Did you ever determine the cause for this issue? I've run into the same thing, except with 4.0.5. I've read through this thread but haven't had any success finding the Exchange issue that is causing it yet.

Thanks,

Jim

Hi -

This is just a thought ... Outlook 2003 Reading Pane, are your users using it? You can go to Outlook Tools - Options - Other tab - Click on the Reading Pane button (for customizing). Is the box checked that says "Mark items as read when viewed in the Reading Pane". If the box is unchecked, you could check it and see if it makes a difference?

Ginger