cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unique outgoing caller ID

allahverdiyev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, Im new in cisco voice world. I have task that I should allow a user to use unique external phone number different than other users.

All the users calling out with one external number configured in translation pattern page. So i added the second line, assigned unique additional external number to that line for that user's phone. This allows incoming calls for that external number directing to that user.
But how can I do it for outgoing calls? 
How can I make that user calling out with unique external number?

I could create different route group, route list, router patterns, partition and css for that phone line and check box "using external phone number mask" in route list level or route pattern level. But I dont want to do it. is there any solution?
Thank you.

5 Replies 5

Mohammed Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

If my understand of this problem is right, your trying to setup phone to use specific calling party number/External Phone Number Mask while sending out calls to PSTN correct ?. Can you confirm whats the call flow. 

You can manipulate calling number on CUCM with various options or another option is to manipulate numbers on gateway.

Regards,

Mohammed Noor

Yes, exactly, i want the phone can call to PSTN with specific PSTN number (external number mask).
I have cucm and 2811 router gateway registered with mgcp. Gateway is connected PSTN via E1.
And I have 6 external PSTN phone numbers. I want to use one of them specificly for one user.

Try configuring Calling party transformation mask. Detailed instruction on below link,

http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=1745737&seqNum=8

HTH,

Regards,

Mohammed Noor

allahverdiyev
Level 1
Level 1

Any solution?

Tshepo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You may have to update your phone number mask on all your device profiles if you are using extension mobility or on your phones if you are using device line.