cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 3.1(5) Failover Issues

tmaurello_2
Level 1
Level 1

I have a database replication issue with the unitydb database. All of the publications and subscriptions look fine. I have a discrepancy with (at least) the subscribers table within unitydb. The primary server database is 25MB and the failover server database is 74MB!!

I noticed the issue when running dbwalker. I had a few errors that needed fixing on my primary server. When I ran dbwalker on the failover server, it said I had 334 errors!!! The log showed users that have been deleted from the primary server.

I tested replication by adding a hander and the failover server replicated it correctly. My issue seems to be limited to some of the tables within unitydb.

Now for my question...is there an easy way to reinitialize/rebuild the replication between the primary and the failover server?

Thanks,

- Tony

1 Reply 1

tmaurello_2
Level 1
Level 1

My problem is fixed. The cause of the issue seems to be the way the customer deleted/moved AD accounts without any Unity consideration. Some accounts were moved outside of the Unity permissions range and some were outright deleted. Some users had just their SMTP account deleted. For some reason, the failover server did not handle these changes well. The primary was OK.

To resolve, I had to failover to the failover server and delete these problem subscribers through SA. I was not able to delete all of the subs. There were 3 accounts that I needed to go into the SQL on the failover server and manually delete. Now that this is done, just about all of the dbWalker errors are resolved.