cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0.3 responding slow

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

I am have a Unity failover environment running 4.0.3 with Exchange 2k. I am experiencing slow response. Normally when users press the Messages button from an IP phone they would get prompted for password immediately but recently the system is responding very slow it takes sometimes more than 4 rings before users would get prompted for password. the issue had happened twice in the past 2 months and I start to notice the issue occurs when the memory usage reaches around 1.4gig and I have a total of 2gigs on this server and I have been running on this for about over 1 year now. So I am not sure if memory is causing the issue, should I add more memory ? or there is something between CallManager and Unity.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help !!!!

Danny

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Danny -

I wouldn't rule out memory problems as you've indicated, but there are a few things you can check with Unity and CallManager to eliminate these from your troubleshooting:

- Are all of your Unity ports registered with CallManager?

- How many of your total ports are allocated to Answer calls? Ratio should be 75% of all ports.

- Use Call Viewer on your Unity server and call into voicemail. You can also use Port Status Monitor to view individual port activity details. Check to see if you have any ports hung.

- What version of CallManager? Is it 4.x and therefore you are using hunt list and line group for your voicemail ports? If so, what distribution algorithm in CCM are you using for your voicemail line group, i.e. TopDown, longest idle etc? Plus your hunt options should also "try next member".

- Also, does the problem disappear if you reboot the Unity server? If it does and then reappears over time, you could be dealing with a memory leak.

Ginger

Hi Ginger, I appreciate your response !!!

- Yes, all ports are registered with CCM

- I have more than enough ports for the amount of traffic load on this box so I don't think port capacity is an issue.

- I have looked in Port Status Monitor and all ports seem functioning normally.

- I am running CCM 4.0.2a and I don't think there is any issues on CCM side, the hunt option is configured correctly.

- The problem does go away but then reappears over time and it does appear that the problem occurs when memory usage is high. I am planning on adding more RAM to the box but not sure if that will help.

any other suggestions !!!

Thanks again Ginger !!!

Danny