Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(4) Failed to Start at each reboot

jmujica
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I have a new unity installation with 4.0(4) integrated with Microsoft Exchange 2000 in a UM Environment. When we finished the installation the service start and everything was working fine then we reboot the server and suddenly the unity service didn't start after checking on the Event Viewer I found login failed attempts for the DirSvc and MsgStore accounts...

We manually went to each service under Unity Server (i.e. all Av..services) that need to loggin with that particular accounts and re-enter the password under the service itself that make unity to start working again but each time we reboot or even stop and start unity service using the tray icon we need to re-enter the passwords under the services itself..

Is there any mis-configuration I've followed the installation guide step by step and I have installed many Unity Systems before without that particular error..

Thanks in advanced,

-Jose

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

I have observed this behavior on a Unity 4.0(4) SR1 server running in a test lab environment. A Default Domain Policy GPO was being tested for password enforcement. What you will see when you reenter the passwords is a message, "The unitydirsvc account has been granted logon rights" to the server, same for the unitymsgstoresvc account. As soon as we removed the test GPO, the behavior ceased to reoccur at reboot. Check to see what GPOs have been applied to the domain/OU in which the Unity server is a member.

Ginger

We have experienced the same problem. Thanks for the tip Ginger ... I'll take a look at what GPOs have been applied.

Thanks again.