cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0.(5) Ex 2003 : CsBMsgConnector service Problem

Michael Huffman
Level 1
Level 1

Any idea how to fix this ? I think this mail account got corrupted.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_BMsgConnector

Event Category: None

Event ID: 10005

Description:

The CsBMsgConnector service encountered a problem accessing the Broadcast Messaging mailbox for this server. No incoming broadcast messages will be delivered locally until this is corrected. Examine the directory and/or mailstore for this mailbox to ensure it exists and is functioning. [Thread 0x0000117C]

6 Replies 6

Anil Verma
Level 5
Level 5

The BMsgConnector service is a new one that got added in Unity 4.0(5). It monitors the Broadcast message mailbox to see if there are incoming messages from a networked Unity server.

The broadcast message mailbox is created on an upgrade or a fesh install. It is created will the alias - UBMS_. The second part of the alias is the name of the Unity server. Can you see if this mailbox has been created in AD?

No AD user by this name exists, so I can see why it's writing this error.

Can I simply create one and will unity use it automatically?

Be sure to select View | Advanced Features when looking for this user in Active Directory Users and Computers. It will only show up in this mode.

Also, be sure the CsBMsgConnector service is running under the same account as AvCsMgr.

I am having this same issue (same Event Viewer error) but my account does exist and is running as the same account as AvCsMgr. Any idear's?

I have the same issue as well. DBwalker reports this in addition:

1649:(error) 1 invalid rows found in the GlobalSubscriber table

These rows have no corresponding GlobalLocation table entry and are likely 'stranded' in the directory from a previous install.

The following rows were found to be invalid:

Alias=USbms_MDCUNITY01, SubscriberObjectID={27AEA81C-2456-4CF5-8D24-259259B09153}, Bad LocationObjectID={31A985FB-72AD-420A-BD9B-AAF080881AA5}

I ended up deleting the USBms_ account from AD and purgng the mailbox ( E2003 ).

I found a stored procedure in the Unity SQL database called sp_MakeBroadcastMbox. Using the Data Link Explorer utility (CUDLE) I executed it and it update a table. Now the error has vanished and things seem to be working again.