cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.04 MIU Errors

plankd
Level 1
Level 1

We recently upgraded from Unity 3.16 to 4.04 and callers are complaining of dropped calls when being transferred out of Unity to the CallManager. We are using supervised transfers. At the same time the transfer drops are occurring we are seeing Unity MIU errors in the application log (see the output below).

I looked on CCO and noticed there is a bug filed with a similar error when integrated with CCM 4.01, but not CCM 4.0(2a). Has anyone seen these types of errors with a Unity 4.04 and CCM 4.0(2a) integration?

The software versions:

Unity 4.04 – Unified with Exchange 2000

TSP 7.0.4

CCM 4.0(2a)

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_Miu

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 552

Date: 10/28/2004

Time: 10:51:14 AM

User: N/A

Computer: SV-DAL-UTY-001

Description:

Cisco Unity's telephony component has encountered a serious error.

EXPLANATION:

No reponse was received on port 1 while rejecting a transfer. This is a serious failure, and most likely parties involved in the call will be disconnected. In some cases, further calls on this port will not be handled correctly.

TECHNICAL DETAILS:

Thread 0x00000940 had a failure on port 1 in method CAvMiuLine::TransferComplete(eMIU_XFERCOMPLETE_REJECTED)

DESCRIPTION: Timed-out waiting for LINECALLSTATE_CONNECTED after lineUnhold.

DETAILS:

HCALL: 0x00000000

CallState: LINECALLSTATE_UNKNOWN

Consulting HCALL: 0x00000000

Consulting CallState: LINECALLSTATE_UNKNOWN.

CALLINFO: [10:50:44:614 - 0x00000D8C] Drop() - S_OK

[10:51:14:520 - 0x00000940] WaitFor(0x0001064C | CONNECTED) - Timeout.

CALL SEQUENCE:

For more information, click: http://www.CiscoUnitySupport.com/find.php . %9

3 Replies 3

mrmccann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, this problem can also occur with Unity 4.0(4) and CCM 4.0(2a) using supervised transfers.

It occurs when a call handler or subscriber is configured to transfer a call to a non-existent DN. You need to address the root cause if you want things to function correctly. If possible, find out from callers at what point in the conversation they got disconnected, that should clue you into which subscriber(s) or call handler(s) are misconfigured. Another option is to scan the transfer settings for all subscribers and call handlers on the system, looking for invalid transfer targets. Audio Text Manager allows you to quickly view transfer settings for subscribers and call handlers.

Unity is supposed to handle this misconfiguration more gracefully, sending the caller to the greeting rather than disconnecting. The issue will be addressed by TSP 7.0(4b), which should be posted to CCO in the next week.

Yeah I got the same sort of errors on Unity 4.0(4) with CCM 4.0(2a). I was messing around with call handlers transfering to external mobile numbers so I figured it was because it was a non-existant DN.

Should I upgrade the to TSP 7.0(4b) when it arrives anyways or just leave the system as is?

Cheers,

NJ.

I must correct something I said in the previous post. The issue where Unity outputs this error rather than handling the misconfiguration more gracefully will not be addressed in TSP 7.0(4b), instead it will be part of the TSP that goes out with Unity 4.0(5).