cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity 4.04 skip message header?

ischarcm
Level 1
Level 1

I have turned on ANI announcements for subscribers... some have complained about the length of time with unity reading off the callerid number etc.. and they wanted to know if there was a keypress they could skip message header and get right to the message? I know you can "skip ahead" a bit, but you may miss the first part of the message if you do it at the wrong time..

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the upcoming 4.0(5) release you'll be able to do this with the custom key mapping ability (we've added a function specifically to jump to the begining of the message body or the header or the footer if you so choose). However in 4.0(4)/4.0(3) you have to jump through a little bit of a hoop here.

by default when you repeat the message in the after message menu, it'll replay the header (or summary depending on which lingo you prefer), however if you turn this off so it starts playing at the message body you can jump to the end and then hit replay using "#1" and it has the effect of skipping the header.

To do this, open the Advanced Settings Tool and go to the "Conversation - Do not replay message summary" and set the value to 1. Then when you're in your message header and it's playing the calling number you can hit "#1" and it'll skip to the body.

I have 4.0(5), how do you map that ability? Thanks!

With this options being available, does it still give the subscriber the option of listening to the message summary. So, I can depress #1 to skip to the body but what if I wanted to go back and listen to the message summary (not all the time but maybe in one particular case where I didn't make note of the summary date/time).