Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.1(1) UMR Warning

I have a Unity UM box that gets the following error every day at the same time:

One or more messages have been held in the Unity MTA directory for 30 days. This directory is used by the Unity Messaging Repository service to temporarily store voice messages left by unidentified callers when the partner mail sever (XXXXXX) is not available.

I assume that this occurred when Unity lost connectivity to the exchange server. Conncectivity to the exchange server has been restored but I still get this warning. I've tried deleting the file in the MTA directory but cannot. Any ideas how to clear this up?

Thanks, Glenn

7 Replies 7

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check the commserver\unitymta directory. For each wav file, there should be a corresponding txt file. Move those files out of UnityMta and the error should clear up.

That's the problem. I can't move or delete these files. I get a sharing violation error message when I try to move or delete them.

Thanks, Glenn

Glenn,

I would shut down Unity in order to clear those files. My guess is the sharing violation is caused by Unity having a "hold" on them.

Hope this helps.

Scott

thomaslemay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a very similar situation except tha tthe wav file is gone but the txt file is still in the unity MTA folder. I can't rename or delete the txt file becasue it says it creates as sharing violation. Any thoughts on how to delete this txt file?

The .txt file is an old header that doesn't have a message .wav file to go with it any longer and can be deleted. As stated above, shut down Unity services and then you should be able to delete it out of UnityMTA or Failed directory wherever it resides.

Tray

Tray,

Thank you very much. That fixed the issue and allowed me to delete the .txt file.

You are very welcome! Be sure to rate this please.

Have a good weekend.

Tray