Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2(1) - unified messaging not working for 1 user

cris_jimenez
Level 2
Level 2

Hello

One out of 33 users is not able to retreive the VM from his e-mail.

I've checked so far the licenses, which are good, the CoS is correct also.

the unity version is 4.2(1) TSP 1.2(1) and the CCM is 4.1(3) no patches installed

what am I missing thanks a bunch

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

sposte
Level 1
Level 1

In ADUC switch on advanced view and check the permissions on his account vs. an account which works.

There should be advanced permissions defined for UnityMsgStoreSvc and UnityDirSvc accounts.

I've seen this happen when the "do not inherit permissions" check box has been switched on.

View solution in original post

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What error does the user get when he tried to retrieve voicemail using the phone? Also, there should be an associated error in the application logs in Event Viewer on Unity when he fails that should also give a clue as to what is happening. Either way, the previous response by sposte probably adequate. If it is only affecting one user, then chances are his account isn't inheriting permissions just like sposte said. To get to the options the previous respondent is talking about, do the following on Unity.

Go to Start > Programs > MS Exchange > Active Directory Users and Computers.

Select View > Advanced Options in Active Directory.

Find the user in question and double-click his account or right-click and choose properties.

Choose the user's Security tab on his account properties and then click the advanced button in the lower right. Make sure on the next screen that the inherit box is checked. Chances are it's not. Let me know if this helps you out.

Tray

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

sposte
Level 1
Level 1

In ADUC switch on advanced view and check the permissions on his account vs. an account which works.

There should be advanced permissions defined for UnityMsgStoreSvc and UnityDirSvc accounts.

I've seen this happen when the "do not inherit permissions" check box has been switched on.

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What error does the user get when he tried to retrieve voicemail using the phone? Also, there should be an associated error in the application logs in Event Viewer on Unity when he fails that should also give a clue as to what is happening. Either way, the previous response by sposte probably adequate. If it is only affecting one user, then chances are his account isn't inheriting permissions just like sposte said. To get to the options the previous respondent is talking about, do the following on Unity.

Go to Start > Programs > MS Exchange > Active Directory Users and Computers.

Select View > Advanced Options in Active Directory.

Find the user in question and double-click his account or right-click and choose properties.

Choose the user's Security tab on his account properties and then click the advanced button in the lower right. Make sure on the next screen that the inherit box is checked. Chances are it's not. Let me know if this helps you out.

Tray

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: