Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 8.0(3) Exchange 2007 migration to Exchange 2010

Hi all,

I would really appreciate if somebody could give me an advise or help me with the following.

I will provide detailed description of what has been done.

I have followed the following guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/7x/using_exch2010/usingex2010withcu7x5x.html

Did all the steps as described:

1) DiRT backup

2) Applied ES10 (the latest) - after ES was applied unity was working correctly. Users could leave/retrieve voicemail.

3) DiRT backup again (with ES10 applied)

4) On Exchange 2010 Rollback 4 is installed  (documentation says minimum Rollback 3)

5) Run the latest server update wizard

6) Stop Cisco Unity

7) stop CuMDBStoreMonitorStore

8) Uninstall all exchange software from Unity ( I needed exchange 2003 CD to uninstall management tools)

9) Installed the ExchangeMapiCdo.exe (version 1.2.1)

10) Run the permissions wizard...

selected following users:

Unity Install: UNITYINSTALL

Dir Services: DIRSRVUSR

Msg store user: MSGSTOREUSER

skipped (left unchecked) AMIS/Networking as it's not in use

Unchecked the option where I let Unity to create new users. it's not possible with Exchange 2010!

All the permissions were applied correctly. SUCCESSFULL everywhere.

11) after permissions, I applied the "Organization Management" role from Exchange "Role Based Access Control" to users:

UNITYINSTALL and DIRSRVUSR

12) additionally UNITYINSTALL and DIRSRVUSR were already "Domain Admins" previously.

13) Moved the mailboxes for all users +UNITYINSTALL, DIRSRVUSR AND MSGSTOREUSER

14) configured throtlling policy for these users. and restarted the exchange RPC service on CAS servers.

15) Ran "message store configuration" from add/remove programs.

it generated a script... which was just to move one more user like "ea389432" something similar.

but the scipt did not work on Exchange 2010 powershell. I think it's for 2007.

so I had to move the user manually.

selected UNITYINSTALL user

selected UNITYADMIN user for administration

selected unity directory services account - DIRSRVUSR

the process finished successfully.

But the integration is NOT working at all.

When the users dial-in, they get: "Your Messages Are Not Available Now".

and in the event logs I get the following application errors:

a lot of CiscoUnity_MALEx

Event Type: Error  Event Source: CiscoUnity_MALEx  Event Category: Error   Event ID: 30003  Description: An attempt to access the Primary Exchange Mailbox Store by AvCsMgr via MAPI  has failed. The MAPI subsystem return the following error: The information store could not  be opened.

Event Type: Error  Event Source: CiscoUnity_MALEx  Event Category: Error   Event ID: 30012  Description: An occurred which prevents successful Exchange access by AvCsMgr via MAPI.  This is typically an indication of configuration issues with Unity, Exchange, or the MAPI  subsystem.

Verify that the Unity services accounts are granted the correct permissions and that there  are no issues with installation. The SysCheck utility may assist in diagnosing the  problem. 

Event Type: Error  Event Source: CiscoUnity_ConvSub  Event Category: Network   Event ID: 1000  Description: An unexpected error has occurred while a subscriber is on the phone with  Unity. This can potentially result in the subscriber hearing the failsafe conversation.  Technical details are - IAvDohMailUser::get_Inbox returned [0x8004052e] on line 1312 of  file <path>\un_Conv1\Scripted\ConvSub\MsgCount.cpp. 

I checked the MAPI32.dll version (right click +properties)  and it's correct version.

Please let me know how to proceed, or what to check.

Many thanks,

1 Reply 1

Does anybody have any suggestion?

Many thanks,