Replies

Unity 9.1 subscriber creation - License question

coconino1969
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all 

Scenario 

Cisco Unity Publisher on UCS1 working and accessible

Cisco Unity Subscriber1 on UCS1 working and accessible.

Cisco Unity Subscriber2 on UCS2  has become unavailable - its ping-able, the portal its available and I can access OS administration, but I can't login into serviceability or administration. Happened after replacing RAID controller on UCS, we are assuming data was corrupted.

-----------

We are going to attempt to create a new Subscriber2.

What are the licensing needs for this action?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
10 Replies 10

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unity Connection cluster can only have 2 servers in the cluster, a publisher and a subscriber. So, not sure what you'd attempt to connect 3rd server. Please review your environment, and perhaps you mean CUCM and not Unity Connection or you have 2 separate Unity Connection clusters. 

Chris -

You are correct - One cluster - one Pub and one Sub, please excuse my mistake, I did have CUCM in mind when I wrote my question.

In unity connection there is no concept of multiple subs, you can only add one sub to a cluster so something is off here.  Are you sure you are talking about Unity Connection or perhaps Communications Manager cluster?

Rebuilding Unity Sub (not Sub2) , only two servers Pub and Sub.

OK, so what is your question?

Chris - Needed to know if I needed to rebuild Unity Subscriber from scratch what would be the licensing process.

No as your Unity Connection server(s) are managed by ELM server in version 9.X, or PLM in version 10.X+.

Chris - Thanks for the attention so far

So, I can just create another Subscriber in my Unity cluster (after removing the old one) and not worry about any licensing issues?

Correct

Thanks Chris