cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity call routing

edwardshanley
Level 1
Level 1

i need to set up a situation. I have a main number coming in lets say 8000 on a cti point which diverts all to unity. unity is set to 8000. i need to have the call routed onto a HG which contains 6 members if they are avaliable, if they are busy the call should then be pushed to the voicemail to leave a message.

any help wpuld be great.

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You could have your main number translate to the DN of a Hunt Pilot. The Hunt Pilot will point to a Hunt List which will point to a line group. Make the members of the line group the 6 DNs you want to try and the DN of the CTI route point. This assumes CCM 4.x. You could do a similar configuration with a Pilot Point and Hunt Group if you are running something earlier.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Hi -

You didn't mention your PBX, but I included the latest information from CallManager on how to do this http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed664.html#wp1019359. There are several sections you'll want to reference and read up on, including the Hunt Pilot, Hunt List, and Line Group sections of the guide. The Hunt Pilot directory number configuration settings has call coverage for RNA and Busy if no one in the Hunt group answers. So instead of a CTI route point that forwards all to Unity, Unity will be the call coverage from the Hunt pilot. What happens once Unity gets the call depends on how you want voicemail handled. You can have a call handler (auto attendant) that matches the Hunt Pilot DN which could be the Unity Opening Greeting. This would allow callers to dial an extension or reach an operator. Or you could create a shared inbox with the Hunt Pilot DN as its extension and give access to all of the employees in the hunt group so that they can check for voice messages. Just a few ideas :-) Ginger