cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Cnxn on UCS Hard drive space

balukr
Level 2
Level 2

We are migrating a customer from Unity to Unity connection on a UCS server, I downloaded the OVA template from Cisco and  built the server since the template allocates only 146 GB and that too split in to half to get approx 70 GB, but customer wants more space so I increased that size to 300 GB so they'll get 150 GB when you split in to two partitions. Cisco Doc says don't change anything like memory or hard drive space on these servers from OVA template since I changed it will that be an issue ? Will tac support it or no?

Thanks for your help.

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If they want more space, they should go to a SAN or iSCSI device.   The drives that are loaded on the UCS serve their purpose.  I have never seen a CUC server running on MCS run out of space.   If they setup their retention policy, they should not have issues.

Tom, Thanks for your response. The UCS server where this cnxn is loaded with 10x146 gb drives and we might install a SuB CM so we have plenty of space left in the server still left hence we thought 300 gb shouldn't be an issue but before I start configuration I want to make sure this shouldn't be an issue and TAC will support it.

Thanks again for your help.

- Bala

Id get TAC to sign off on it. I would assume it wouldn’t care if you created 300gb drives, but you would have to customize the OVA template. They may not like that...

Tom,

I'll open a TAC case to confirm that. Thanks for your help again.

- Bala

Just to give an update, although it is not required but if you still want to increase the HD space to save more VM messages, TAC confirmed it is supported as long as you do that before you do the actual install. If you try to expand after the install it will not work and is not supported.