Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7.1(5)ES backup and Restore on 7.1(5)SU1a

Bishwa Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

We are currently running Unity Connection 7.1.5ES11.11901-11 and I have been tasked to upgrade the server. The Unity connx software will stay the same version (7.1.5ES11.11901-11).

My plan was to build the new server with the same IP address, hostname and the software as the existing server and then do a backup of the existing Unity Connection server  and restore on the new server and ask Cisco to rehome the licence to the new server. However, when I looked on Cisco's website for the verson of Unity Connection or patches that is the same as what we are currently running, the best I could find was 7.1(5)SU1a.

My questions is, if I build the new server with 7.1(5)SU1a and restore it with the backup from 7.1.5ES11.11901-11, will this work. Has anyone done  this before, please.

You help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bishwa,

The DRS restore must be to an exact version match as shown in this caution;

Caution Before you restore Cisco Unity Connection, ensure that the Cisco Unity Connection version that is installed on the server matches the version of the backup file that you want to restore. The Disaster Recovery System supports only matching versions of Cisco Unity Connection for restore. For example, the Disaster Recovery System does not allow a restore from version 6.1.(1).1000-1 to version 6.1(2).1000-1, or from version 6.1.(2).1000-1 to version 6.1(2).1000-2.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/drs_administration/guide/7xcucdrsag.html

So you have a couple of options here

1. install a base 7.1(5) version on the new box and then patch to your current version before the restore.

2. upgrade your current version to something newer like 7.1(5b)su2 then do a backup. Build this same

version on the new box and then do the restore.

Readme for Cisco Unity Connection Release 7.1(5b) Service Update 2

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282724246&flowid=5450&softwareid=282074295&release=7.1(5b)SU2&rellifecycle=&relind=AVAILABLE&reltype=all

Cheers!

Rob