Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.0.2 MWI Problems

mike-greene
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

We have a new install at a customer that has about 200 mailboxes.  A couple of the users (maybe more but they have not reported it) keep complaining that they have messages but the MWI will go off.  The only way to get MWI working on these guys again is to either empty there mailboxes or resync the MWI's.

Has anyone seen this before with Unity Connection?

Thanks,

Mike

3 Replies 3

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mike,

Was this a migration from an old Unity server(s)?  The most common cause for this type of behavior we see in TAC with this behavior is that the old Unity servers are still up and running on the network.  The old Unity server will still be doing MWI resynchronizations based on their own mailbox counts.  It may not be your case, but something worth checking.  Otherwise, you'll want to set the Macro traces on UC for MWI problems and let it reoccur and collect the "Connection Conversation Manager" and "Connection Notifier" traces from RTMT to see what may be going on for those users.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Thanks Brad,

This was a migration so I will have them shut off the old server.  I've also enabled the macro traces.

Thanks for your help.  I don't think it will take long for it to happen if the old server is not the issue.

Mike

Hi everyone, I´m currently managing a Unity Connection 8.0.3.10000-18 which supports the voice mail and auto attendant services for multiple clients, at this moment it is supporting around 1000 users. a couple of days ago people have been reporting that when a voice mail get in the MWI is not being updated (ON) and when people hear the messages the MWI is not changing to OFF mode.

I´ve reviewed the whole configuration and everything is right: permissions in voice ports. However when I check the Connection Port status Monitor I can see that the signal is being sent by the voice ports.

This is one of the lines:

03:18:27, New Call, calledld=, Redirectingld=, Origin=16. Reason=1024, CallGuid=, CallerName, LastRedirectingld=, LastRedirectingReason=1024, PortDisplayName=Telmex_CUCM_Clientes-1-002,[Origin=Invalid],[Reason=Invalid]

03:18:27, Dialing[MWI]'75891'

03:18:27, Idle

Thanks and regards,

Att.,