cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.5 | Prepend Digits to Dialed Extensions overlap with an option in a call handler

aromn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

One customer has requested to set up a call handler in Unity Connection 8.5. The call handler should be capable of transfering calls to IP phones by dialing the last 4 digits of the IP phone's extension. The last 4 digits of the extension from all IP phones begin with 12. However, the customer is also requesting to have an option on the same call handler, so that if users would dial 1, the call is transfered to an IP phone

As you can see, there is an overlap between the last 4 digits of all IP phone's extensions, and an option in the call handler. Therefore, if I configure both options in the same call handler, when the users would press 1, Unity Connection will immediately send the call to the extension setup for option 1, even if the user wants to dial the last 4 digits of an IP phone extension

One possible solution would be to change the option in the call handler to transfer the call to an IP phone, to something different than 1. However, the customer wants to have this transfer to be performed when he press option 1

Is there any other possible solution for achieving this?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't see any problem, just don't check the option to ignore additional input when configuring caller input on digit 1

By default CUC will give you 1500 ms to dial for any other digits before trying to route the call with whatever you dialed.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't see any problem, just don't check the option to ignore additional input when configuring caller input on digit 1

By default CUC will give you 1500 ms to dial for any other digits before trying to route the call with whatever you dialed.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Hi Java,

I am facing the similar isue where i have internal extensions in the range of 1XXX and 2XXX.

I unchecked the above options but it not taking effect i.e if i dail any extension from the above range i am getting a message that you cannot be transferred to that number.

Thanks

aromn
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks a lot Jaime, I configured this as you explained, tested it, and it work fine

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: