Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.5 Unified Messaging MWI

juan.anzola
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I just configured Unity Connection 8.5 Single Inbox with Exchange 2007. Everything is working fine, except the MWI goes off as soon as the Exchange gets the message. Is this the expected behaviour?

I need that the MWI stays ON until the user reads the message in Outlook. Is that possible?

Thanks! 

6 Replies 6

phamvinhdat
Level 3
Level 3

Is the message stay in Inbox or is it set to move to certain folder. If the message is being touched in email, MWI will be off.

It stays in inbox. as a new message.

marks
Level 1
Level 1

Iam having same issue

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Not sure if it applies here but, if you aren't moving it to another folder in your Outlook, try looking at this....

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/collaboration-voice-video/unified-comm-application/blog/2011/03/02/cisco-unity-exchange-2007-disclaimer-transport-rule-causes-mwi-to-fail

Let me know if you have a disclaimer setup on Exchange 2007 etc.

Thanks!

Tray

Hi Tray!

The MWI tunr on when the message is left, but as soon as the unity delivers it to Exchange, the MWI goes OFF. Is that the expected behaviour?

It's only expected if like previous posters have said, it is moved to another folder than inbox by a rule or marked read by someone. This is why I sent the link. Did you check for that?

Thanks!

Tray

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: