Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection MultiSite Design

Darren Roback
Level 5
Level 5

Hello -

I have two main sites running CallManager (one has a pub/sub, the other just a sub). To achieve site-level redundancy, I have separate device pools, call manager groups, locations, regions, etc. At both sites I also have a UCONN node. Currently I have a single port group in UCONN representing 48 ports on each server (96 ports total). Because it’s a single port group, all ports are registered in one device pool (and thus get that device pool's call manager group, location, region, etc.). I’m thinking that I’d like to split this out into two separate port groups, with each representing 48 ports from that sites’ UCONN server. From there I would assign site-specific settings such as those mentioned above. I already have two voicemail profiles with two hunt pilots to ensure voicemail requests are going to the local site server, but I think this would add to the level of redundancy.

Am I over-engineering this or do you think I’m on the right path?

Thanks!

Darren

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I always do that whenever UCXN is split across data centers, create 2 separate Voicemail pilots/profiles/SIP trunks or Line Groups pointing to each UCXN server and then on UCXN split the port groups to reference local CUCM server as primary subs.  This way you can assign different VM Profiles to different sites truly load balancing between the UCXN servers.

Chris