Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection, question message select options

douglas.heppler
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Trying to find out if Unity Conenction has an option to play a specific message before others. If you say 10 new or saved  messages in your inbox, once logged in the playback menu is there a way to play message 4 of 10 before listen and skipping through 1, 2 and 3 for example?

I read about viewmail and integrated email, this would be good, but looking for a keypad method if it exists.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use the Message Locator function (probably not exactly what you're looking for but maybe) or the "go to" message option (which lets you jump to a specific message in your stack) - here's the user guide on those two:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/1x/user/guide/ug090.pdf

Depending on which conversation you're using it may or may not be mapped the same way - you can look at the custom key map conversation options if you need to - the main menu has the "Find Message" option which you can map as you like and the message header/body/footer/after message states all have the "Play message by number" option which is the "go to" conversaton (i.e. you enter the message number in your stack and you jump right there).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use the Message Locator function (probably not exactly what you're looking for but maybe) or the "go to" message option (which lets you jump to a specific message in your stack) - here's the user guide on those two:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/1x/user/guide/ug090.pdf

Depending on which conversation you're using it may or may not be mapped the same way - you can look at the custom key map conversation options if you need to - the main menu has the "Find Message" option which you can map as you like and the message header/body/footer/after message states all have the "Play message by number" option which is the "go to" conversaton (i.e. you enter the message number in your stack and you jump right there).

Great,

Yes it looks like this is feature is available based on the link you sent, page 9-4 outlines the steps.

I greatly appreciate this response!