cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Question

matt_drmmer
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings - I have just been given the responsibility of getting all of our phone system equipment up to the latest patch levels and such. I have worked a bit with Cisco Call Manager so I beleive that I have that system and the phones all running on the latest patch levels and firmware. We also run Unity Connection (1.1.1.0) which is running on a MCS server that is running Windows server 2003. I have been looking through the documentation on it and it looks like I can just run Windows update to get the patches rather than downloading the Cisco deployed versions, does anybody know if that is true? I have downloaded the Server Updates Wizard but I don't know what that will actually update on the server. It sounds like it will update the version of Unity Connection but I don't see in the documentation where it will update the OS patches. If anybody can provide some documentation regarding if I can just run Windows update to get the server patched or what the server update wizard actually updates I would appreciate it. Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Software Installed by the Cisco Unity Server Updates Wizard

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/updates/wizard/cuupwz.html

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thank you very much for the link, I think that the folks that were maintaining the system before it was handed to me did not know about that, it almost looks like it has not ever been run at least from what the updates look like. Thank you again for the great information.

you're very welcome, glad it was useful

actually before we didn't have a single installer for all the updates, but a webpage on which all the approved patches were listed. you went thru it and looked into MS or cisco for the patches for each product

maybe that's the reason it hasn't been patched in a long time

javalenc

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: