Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Speech Connection for Calendar Interaction

Ken Douglas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

We have Unity Connection 8.6 installed and have the Exchange Calendar integration working.  From a TUI our users can now get their calendar events, accept or decline meetings, and contact organizers and participants.  All really cool.  I see this feature being used when our managers and executives are driving.  But the TUI still requires button pushes (1 to hear today's calendar events, 9 to skip to the next item, etc.).  This isn't really an option when driving or walking down the street with hands full. 

Would the addition of speech connect allow for a verbal interaction with Unity Connection's calendar function?  I'd love Unity Connection to say To contact the organizer press 61 or say "contact organizer."

I can't find a lot of information on Speech Connect and nothing that indicates that Speech Connect can be used to manage the Unity Connection TUI (which is what would be needed). 

Has anyone heard of a way to speech enable the Unity Connection TUI or heard of such a product? 

Thanks,

Ken

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

HI

See if below link solve your purpose. See section " Listing Upcoming Meetings by Using Voice Commands"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/user/guide/phone/8xcucugphone_chapter8.html#task_8AA521DC3E484F26899FF58ADEF8FDF8

Regards

Ronak Patel

rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

HI

See if below link solve your purpose. See section " Listing Upcoming Meetings by Using Voice Commands"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/user/guide/phone/8xcucugphone_chapter8.html#task_8AA521DC3E484F26899FF58ADEF8FDF8

Regards

Ronak Patel

rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: