cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection user Authentication (PIN)

Jiri Solc
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, I've got few questions about Unity Connection. Would be glad even for partial answer or putting me in right direction..

1) Is it possible to bypass PIN authentication when user calls from his own extension? I've done this in Unity but can't find this option in Unity Connection (CUC).

2) When importing CUC users from CUCM instead of LDAP. Is it possible to authenticate CUC users to their respective PIN/password in CUCM? The goal is to have single point of authentication for CUCM and CUC most prefferably for both password and PIN in CUCM. I know CUC password auth. can be done via LDAP integration but still for CUCM imported users? And what about CUC PIN, is it ppssible to auth against CUCM?

Thanky you,

Jiri

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1 yes, the same behavior can be configured in cuc
2 no, PIN only works on their respective system and does not sync across systems. For the pwd, integrate and import users via axl, or configure both systems for ldap

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Can this be done from an Alternate E.164 external number?  I flagged it in advanced options to skip pin from this type of number but when I call in I still get my greeting to leave a message.  UCXN version is 9.0 on a BE6K.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. "Skip PIN When Calling From a Known Extension" checkbox on the user basic settings

2. PIN is always local to UCXN even if you integrate with LDAP, only password (web) is synched, PIN remains local despite the integration type.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks!

ad2) If I integrate UCXN with CUCM via AXL to import users, I assume web password would be also local in UCXN and there is no way how to auth. users against their CUCM credentials. Right?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: