cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection - User Search Spaces and Partitions

Bill
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to set up users in Unity Connection, so if a caller enters an extension while listening to a user’s greeting, they can only find other users in the same Partition.

For example, I have User1 with extension 1000. Their account is in Site1-Partition using Site1-Search-Space.
I have a second User2 with extension 2000. Their account is in Site2-Partition using Site2-Search-Space.

I would expect that as I am listening to the greeting for User1, and I dial extension 2000, it should not find that extension.
But it does. Site1-Search-Space is finding an extension in Site2-Partition, even though that that Partition is not in the Search Space.

If I perform the same test with a Call Handler, it works as expected.

I am testing this on Unity Connection version 11.5.1.23900-30

Is this expected behavior?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

If Site1-Search-Space contains only the Site1-Partition (and not also the default partition in the system), then you are 100% correct that when a caller hits User1's greeting and dials an extension they should only be able to reach extensions also in the Site1-Partition. It might be worthwhile to check the Dial Plan Report in Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability > Reports to make sure there isn't some weird PT/SS thing going on. And I imagine you've double-checked both the source and target accounts to make sure the PT/CSS is what you are thinking. Also check that the Search Scope on your Call Handlers is set to something specific and not "Inherit SS from Call", which would change the behavior of the Call Handler and possibly make it different than what is happening with a call to a voicemail box.

You can run a Call Flow Diagnostics > Conversation Flow Diagnostics macro trace (also in Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability) to see exactly what is happening, but you can't isolate that trace for a single box. If you can, run it temporarily during off-hours and generate the error, then turn it off.

You could also run the Port Status Monitor  tool from CiscoUnityTools.com and look at the step-by-step processing of the active call. Point RTMT at Unity Connection to download the trace file.

In the end, it has to be a configuration error somewhere as what you are describing is a pretty black-and-white problem. But identifying the subtle, corner-case checkbox that is out of step is sometimes elusive. Let us know what you find and if you have additional questions.

Maren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: