cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connections 8.5 Contacts and Distribution Lists

ndehmer
Level 4
Level 4

We have a user who is hard of hearing and utilizes a relay service phone system.  All calls for him are transferred directly to the relay service.  The office he works in would like him to be listed in the sites directory.  They would also like for when people do search for him, it would transfer directly to the relay service.  We utilize a directery handler that searchs a distribution list of only the people in that site.  Under Unity I would have just created a Internet Subscriber and been done with it, however no such luck in Unity Connections. I have created a contact for him, and attempted to add him to the distribution list, but apparently to be allowed to do that, the user has to be part of a VPIM Delivery location and VPIM Remote Mailbox Number.  We don't have any VPIM locations created and since we arent transfering him to another VM system via IP, it doesn't seem to make sense to create one.  What are my options to be able to have this user listed in the sites distribution list but not have a voicemail box?

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not quite sure I'm following you here - there's no requirement to create a VPIM locaiton here.

On a distribution list there's an option to allow adding contacts OR allowing messages from remote systems - it should only be necessary to check the option to allow contacts into the list to do what you want.

Unless I'm not following your flow properly?

Hello Lindborg,

Thanks for the reply.  We have the allow contacts check box checked, but when trying to add a new contact, none are listed.  Under the help for this page, this is what it has to say.

"Add Contact (Applicable only if Allow Contacts is checed on the Edit Distribution List Basics page.)  Select to search for and add contacts to the distribution list.  In order to find and add a contact to the list, the contact must have a VPIM Delivery Location and VPIM Remote Mailbox Number defined."