Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity dial extension recording

Jacob Berger
Level 2
Level 2

am using unity 8.6.2

i would like to create a call handler (diverted from Cti route point with forward all to voice mail) with a simple option to dial internal extensions with a recording "pleade dial the extension".... this should work at all hours everyday

how do i do this?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just record the greeting in the call handler, enable caller input and also this checkbox

Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers—

Check this check box to allow callers to transfer to extensions that are not assigned to other users or call handlers. Connection attempts a release transfer as long as the number entered by the caller is allowed by the Default System Transfer restriction table.

There are already plenty of threads on how to configure simple AAs, please try searching CSC for answers.

Also, I assume you have Unity Connection VS Unity because of the version. If you had Unity the above checkbox wouldn't be available and it would be more troublesome if you wanted to dial non-subscriber DNs. Please specify exactly what product you use as it can make a huge difference in the answer.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just record the greeting in the call handler, enable caller input and also this checkbox

Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers—

Check this check box to allow callers to transfer to extensions that are not assigned to other users or call handlers. Connection attempts a release transfer as long as the number entered by the caller is allowed by the Default System Transfer restriction table.

There are already plenty of threads on how to configure simple AAs, please try searching CSC for answers.

Also, I assume you have Unity Connection VS Unity because of the version. If you had Unity the above checkbox wouldn't be available and it would be more troublesome if you wanted to dial non-subscriber DNs. Please specify exactly what product you use as it can make a huge difference in the answer.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

have Unity Connection

i need to transfer to internal DNs

i configured :

i didnt touch caller input

grettings :

callers hear = nothing

during greeting = didnt check either checkbox

after greeting = conversation = caller system transfer

added ???? (for internal 4 digit extensions) not blocked to default system transfer restriction table

seems to work ok

is the ???? in the restriction table ok ? or do i need to secure it somehow?