cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Digital networking and FwdAll

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Have client with 4 sites, and each site has their own CCM cluster and Unity VM (Voicemail only). They have digital networking setup, but when a user from site A puts their phone on fwd all to forward all calls to a phone at site C for the week, calls go to the general VM box on Site C unity server and not the users VM box back at their original site.

Is there a way to get VM to work w/fwd all between unity servers and digital networking?

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

once the call has been sent to Unity, we look up the forwarding number of the incoming call and look for it on the local Unity server - if no match is made it sends the call (by default) to the opening greeting. there's no provision to search other Unity server's in the site for a match on that forwarding number and to "hand off" the call to that Unity box.

there is cross box login (i.e. if you call into any of the Unity servers and go to sign in Unity can be setup th "hand you off" to your home Unity box) and cross box transfer (from the auto attendant if you dial the number of a user on another box it can be "handed off" to that Unity server to handle) but if the call forwards into Unity from a number it will be handled by that box.

Thanks Jeff. Is this going to be possible in a future version? Were on 4.0(4) now.

as far as I know this type of call "bouncing" is not on deck - I'd get your account team to make the request...