cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express - alternate extensions?

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Does unity express have a feature like this? Have a phone w/2 DNs and need to have one VM box for each number.

3 Replies 3

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most often, if you have two lines on a phone belonging to the same subscriber you would have them as the same number, so unity express would always be able to map the number to the person's mailbox.

A Unity express mailbox does have up to two numbers that can be associated with it. First, of course, is the number, the second is the E.164 address. If you set that up as your "alternate" number, it'll associate both with the same subscriber mailbox.

What is the effect of leaving the E.164 field blank?

What is the effect of using the secondary number for an ephone-dn in this field?

I have a customer who is getting new DID numbers but still desires to be able to use their old extensions too. I already have their ephone-dn entries programmed accordingly, but calls to the ephone-dn secondary number are not forwarding to voicemail. If I understand you correctly, this E.164 field can be used for this purpose. Is that the case?

mark.mcsherry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ebergquist,

I am guessing that since this was a while ago you no longer require an answer.

I've just set this up and found it to work. You simply have to set up two mailboxes and a couple of seperate DN's on the phone. So long as the mailboxes are created with each of these DN's it's fine.

When you call from each DN, it forwards it's number to the Unity Express and so long as the number has been configured on a mailbox, it's matched no problem,

Mark