cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express Auto Attendant Script

JeffG1
Level 3
Level 3

Does any one have a better Unity Express Auto Attendant Script? I would like to be able to dial an extension from the main menu vs having to press 1.

15 Replies 15

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dio you have the prompt that are used? I might be able to pull them from Unity... I'd rather have the Unity lady's voice then mine :)

I don't at this point. Most people want to use either all their own, or none of their own audio. That's a real good comment though. I'll need to see if I can do that the next time I have a chance to look at this script again.

Can you give me examples of the prompts should say... There are several prompts that one should configure the the demo app...

Yeah, sorry, I meant to upload the version that had all the prompts. The full version now got posted to the cisco web site at:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cue-211

(CUE-AA-S6-AASample1.zip)

Folks,

I am having a problem with unity express AA.

When i type in a wrong extension unity AA kicks me out and then i have to dialin again.

Is there a way to fix that. I was reading documentation and came accross this paragraph:

What this means is that a redirect hangs up the call to Cisco Unity Express and

tells the Cisco CallManager Express/SRST router to connect the caller to the extension specified in the

"Also:" portion of the BYE message. If that extension is invalid or otherwise unreachable, the caller can be

dropped. This is because there is no way for Cisco Unity Express to reclaim that call and be notified that the

transfer fails. It is a true blind transfer. If the call redirects to an unregistered or busy or extension that does

not answer, the regular call forwarding rules that apply to that directory number are in effect. Cisco Unity

Express is no longer a part of the call. This also means that when you script Redirect steps, currently there is

not much of a benefit when you add code to deal with busy/invalid/unsuccessful redirects, since the redirect

itself is equivalent to a disconnect. There is no failure case possible.his paragraph:

That is normal, as it says. The only thing you can do in CUE 2.1.1+ is to use a custom script with the Extension To User step to verify that an extension is valid prior to transfer or in the canned (2.1.1) auto attendant disable external transfers (does the same thing).

That paper where you got the above information has a section on Dial by Extension that goes over the use of this step.

Hi all in regard to the Auto Attendant. I have my prompts setup. Now if a caller doesnt make a selection I would like it to Automatically transfer to an extension. Is there any way of doing that? 
Thanks in advance. 

@JDT69RR - You are looking for the parameter "disconnectAfterMenu" which should be set to False. Then the call is sent to the Operator Extension if no selection is made.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel10_1/online_help/cue_gui/cue_gui_chapter_0100000.html#task_z2v_ls2_sjb

Maren

Hi @Maren Mahoney I’m in the GUI and I’m not seeing that option. 

image.jpg

Use the "Goodbye Prompt" and select "Transfer to Extension". A little hunting around goes a long way.

Note that the Help > For this Page will help you navigate the options available in almost all of Cisco's products.

Maren

Hi Maren,

That is not an option under the Goodbye Prompt. It only allows me to choose from various prompts (.wav) I have been hunting through the GUI and still continue to come up with nothing, hence why I ended up here. 

Drat. I'm working off of memory and the Admin Guide, as I haven't laid hands on a CUE in a few years. I know I've programmed this behavior, and I'll dig through my notes again to see if I can remember how.

There is a scripting tool for CUE that might be able to help. I don't know that Cisco makes it available anymore, but it may have come with your original software. I found when programming CUE that the scripting tool was super-helpful. Do you have access to that?

Maren

Unfortunately I do not have access to that. I attempted to look through the CLI to see if I could see the actual script or any of the configuration as well and nothing. Alls I’m trying to achieve is one menu. Press this for this and then if you don’t select an option you get transferred to the operator. I have set up a hunt group for the operator so that will ring appropriately once automatically transferred.