Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Failover Setting and configuration

wongks
Level 1
Level 1

Below are my queries:

1)Need to have additional 72 ports for my failover server?(primary server 72 ports)

2)What about the hunting number/line group etc? use the primary unity configuration?

3)What is the account that is used to run the failover for primary and failover server? which username you use?

4)prefered method for the failover?

For your assistance, pls. Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1) I don't think you mean a total of 144 answering ports - I am confirming that you need to add 72more ports for the secondary server. On CCM, you would create 72 new ports with different name than the primary ports. Create a new Line Group if you are using CCM 4.x. On the existing LG, change the FNA to "go to the new LG". Forward Busy still goes to the next port. Add the new LG to the hunt group for VM.

2) Add the new LG to the existing hunt number.

3) There mssql and sqlserveragent accts have to domain accts.

4) Don't understand what you mean by preferred. I mean I would prefer to failover to secondary server if primary server does not.

Had done step 1 and 2. We are trying to run the failovercfg.exe. But stuck at enter failover account page.

Error msg:Specified user acccount is invalid. Verify the account name and password for the specified account and try again.

Pls advice.