cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity failure after removing Exchange 5.5 server

bgrunewald
Level 1
Level 1

Customer migrated all users from original partner Exchange 5.5 server to a new server. Only account still pointing to the original partner server is "EAdmin". Customer also used the procedure to change the partner server in the REconfiguration and Upgrade Guide. The reg key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\Doh shows the new server as the partner. If the original Exchange server is shut down, Unity seems to be going into UMR mode, because it takes messages but they never hit the Exchange server. The Unity version is 4.0(2) on an ICS7750 blade, so it cannot be upgraded. Yes, I know, it wasn't my idea.

I have a few questions for the gurus:

1) Would not migrating Eadmin to the new server cause this?

2) Should they just run the "change partner server" procedure again?

3) What else should I look for to troubleshoot the issue

There are still references to the original partner server in the DirSynchEx55 section of the registry, so I think Unity still thinks the original Exchange is the directory server.

2 Replies 2

vipersl65
Level 4
Level 4

Was Bulk Logout(Tools depot) done first before moving the mailbox from the old to the new Exchange server? Users shouldn't be accessing their milaboxes(or Unity) while you are doing this.

...then using Microsoft Exchange Administrator you move the mailboxes. Next is to force(or wait) for directory replication and then run the Exchange 5.5 optimizer

Were the above steps followed in order?

If not:

1)Try running the mailstore wizard again from the Control Panel Add/Remove. Reboot Unity server and check the registry again or test

I didn't do any of the actual migration, so I don't know exactly what was done. I did get the EAdmin account working on the new Exchange server by fixing all the references to the old server in the Subscriber table, so that shouldn't be an issue the next time they test.