cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity has lost its politeness....

ischarcm
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, ok.. im being asked to ask, so Im going to ask... after upgrade from 3.15 to 4.04 im noticing that unity no longer says "Please leave your message..." or "Please wait while I transfer your call" etc... Was there a reasoning behind leaving the please off, other than to speed up the process?

5 Replies 5

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I believe the reasoning behind this was that there were alot of complaints from the field that the prompts were too wordy and slow so they stream lined the prompts a bit with the 4.0(4) release. For more information on the Conversation Enhancements, see the link below from the Cisco Unity 4.0(4) Release Notes.

Cisco Unity Conversation Enhancements

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_release_note09186a008022e04d.html#wp216047

This is all that link has to say about the prompts...

Streamlined System Prompts

The Cisco Unity system prompts have been revised to present menu options and other information more concisely.

Not very informative.

I've also had people notice the change in politeness... My .02 cents... those were the wrong words to take out.

zebranutz80
Level 1
Level 1

You need to replace the WAV file below with one from a previous version of Unity. The WAV file that needs replacing is located here:

\Commserver\Localize\Prompts\ENU\AvPHGreet\AvPhGreetENU005.WAV

The WAV file that says "Please..." is located on a Unity 3.1 cd. The Application CD has the WAV file. Search the CD for AvPhGreetENU005.WAV When you find it, copy/paste it into your Unity server.

When I did this I did not need to restart Unity. It started working right away.

sasabir567
Level 1
Level 1

The omission of polite phrases like "Please leave your message..." or "Please wait while I transfer your call" in Unity's upgrade from 3.15 to 4.04 may reflect a shift towards a more streamlined and efficient communication model. While politeness is important, it's possible that Unity decided to prioritize speed and brevity to enhance user experience. By removing these introductory phrases, Unity can save time and get to the core of the interaction more swiftly. However, it's essential to maintain a balance between efficiency and being polite, as courteous communication remains a crucial aspect of customer service in any digital environment.

Why post a response on a 12 years old post and for a product that doesn’t even exist anymore?

Response Signature