Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity LDAP Synchronization

The CUCM environment (v9.1.2) I've inheirited is synchronized with my AD environment, but for some reason, my CUC users' mailboxes are not.  We started with 8.5, and have performed a couple of upgrades.

As a result, none of my Unity users are aware of the value of their password for using things like Cisco PCA or Messaging Assistant, andthese Web apps are unknown of by the bulk of my users, which is unfortunate.

Rather than set them up with a password that they are just going to forget anyways, I'd like to have their Unity mailboxes synched with AD via the LDAP Synchronization feature.

It looks easy enough to enable and activate, but I thought I'd ask before I actually attempted to do so, as there appears to be a "global" component to doing this.

Are there any caveats of which I should be aware?  What can I break by enabling LDAP Synchronization in CUC?

1 Reply 1

ndehmer
Level 4
Level 4

I have done this with out running into any issues.  When migrating using COBRAS, the users don't go in as AD synced.  Just export everyone out via BAT, and then update the CSV by creating a header with CcmLdapUserId (i think, have to double check) and then copy the Alias column to theCcmLdapUserId (i think, have to double check) column.  Then BAT it back in.  If it can find it in AD, it will LDAP sync it, if not it will just skip it.  The only issue could be any service accounts for group mailboxes that are in LDAP that the users wouldn't know the password to possibly.