cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity licenses 12.5 "no license in use"

lb123
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed Unity 12.5, migrated my user mailboxes from 8.6.  My question is about Unity licenses, I installed over 2000 basic messaging licenses.  In the GUI, under the license page, I see my mailboxes taking up the basic licenses under "usage" but what I'm not sure about is right next to that it says "license not in use".  I've tested one mailbox, works just fine.  I'm just not sure if its supposed to say authorized or not.  This isn't in production yet but wanted to make sure this isn't broken somehow.  Attached a screenshot of what I'm looking at.  Thanks.unity.png

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It should say "Authorized" next to the license type where it shows "No license in use". The "license authorized status" line should also show "Authorized". Do you actually have proper Unity Smart licenses applied this this smart licensing account?

I got them off of our smart license account, it says I have basic and enhanced licenses.  Now that I've logged out and back in its says "Not authorized"  "Authorization code containing this product instance has shortage of one or more licenses types being used"

Attaching a couple more screenshots, I only assume these unity licenses are usable, still trying to figure the whole smart licensing thing out.  I had to do all this offline though pasting an  authorization code into the CLI to get these on the server.

Untitled1.pngUntitled.pngProdinst.png

I returned these enhanced licenses, and installed some other basic licenses I had.  Now I get authorized-reserved so I think Im good now.  

Thanks for the update, let us know if there is anything else you need.