cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Ports do not forward on busy

k.mckay
Level 1
Level 1

I have a callmanager 4 and unity 4.0(3) installed. I have 16 ports configured 4000 to 4015. These are all in the same line group and i have a pilot number configured as 4000. All ports are in the same partition and callling search space. The problem i have is that the ports do not forward on busy and therefore the second call in gives an engaged tone.

Anyone experienced this before????

7 Replies 7

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Do your ports just not forward on busy, i.e. forward no answer is working as expected? My first thought is to check your individual phone line configs, Call Forward and Pickup Settings, in CCM to see if you have checked the box for Voicemail - Forward Busy.

Regards,

Ginger

None of the voicemail ports forward busy or no answer. On callmanager 4 there is no attribute to change like in callmanager 3. Unless i have missed something???

Hi -

Yes, this is available in CCM 4.0. You want to go to the Device menu and select Phone. Search for the directory number of one of the phones having the problem. Then on the left of the Base Phone display, select the specific DN (line) you want to configure. About 2/3rds down the web page you will see the Call Forward and Pickup settings. Check the box that says Voice Mail for both the Call Forward No Answer and Call Forward Busy settings. You do not need to select a CSS here. With version 4.0, you may not need to restart the phone as in previous versions as CCM 4.0 does that automatically, but it doesn't hurt to do that anyway after making these changes.

Hope this helps!

Ginger

Hi

I think you are confused, i am talking about the pilot point for the auto attendant and these are configured to forward all to Unity voicemail. I am aware of the phone configuration. My point being it is forwarding to voicemail but the second call in recieves the engaged tone and therefore the 16 voicemail ports are not hunting.

Any ideas !!!!

Hi again -

OK, I'm with you. Here's something to check that is new in CCM 4.0. On your CTI route point definition, check the Multiple Call / Call Waiting Settings. Ours is coded 4500 for the Busy Trigger, which should be the default. If yours is coded as 1, then only one call will get handled and the next in will get Busy tone. This setting works in conjunction with Maximum number of calls, which for CTI route is defaulted to 5000.

Regards,

Ginger

Cheers for the advise, but unfortunately drawn a blank still, setting are as you would expect.

Any other ideas??/

Cheers

Keith

bodav
Level 1
Level 1

I experienced it during an install a few months ago.

Check your Route Plan Report to see if the Route Pattern/Hunt List/Line Group all show in addition to your voicemail ports. If not, make sure that you have a Line Group assigned to a Hunt List assigned to a Route Pattern. Last of all, make sure that the Route Hunt List shows a status of enabled.

If all looks good, reboot the CallManager and the Unity Service.