cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity prompts slowing down.

adam.farrell
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new Unity install. When users are logged in to the TUI, the system prompts are slowing down. they start off fine, but continure to play slower and slower. this appears to be happening system wide, and not just one user.

Unity Version 4.04sr1

Unity TSP 7.0(4)

Callmanager 4.02a sr1a

7 Replies 7

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

??

I've never heard anything like this... you can slow/speed up message playback with key presses but system prompts aren't ever affected.

I assume you mean there are pauses between prompts, not that prompts are actually playing back more slowly, right?

either way, this isn't anything close a known problem - you should get on the horn to TAC and have them look at your system.

This was actually a Keyboard, Chair interface problem (User). Some how the user had managed to record a message that also included Unity prompts. He was hitting the key to slow down the message thinking that he was moving back in his messages. Because has had also managed to record some of the prompts. It was confusing us when we were listening to it. The message has been deleted, and the user now has a fresh new user guide.

The most likely cause of system prompts being recorded as a message is a notification device calling his phone, forwarding into Unity and then it records itself as a message - you can prevent this by setting Unity up to not take calls from any line defined as one of its ports (i.e. it wont take calls from itself).

Make sure you've defined extensions for each Unity port in the Unity Telephone Integration Manager (UTIM).

Hi Jeff

How do you configure Unity to 'not take calls from itself'? I thought I'd read somewhere that Unity does automatically drop looped calls (i.e. a call out from itself that is CFA'd back?)

Also what does configuring the extension numbers on UTIM actually do??

Thanks

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Configuring UTIM with extensions on the ports allows Unity to know that it's calling itself - if we don't know which extensions our ports are assigned to we have no way of knowing that the calling number that's forwarding into us is one of our own - we, for instance, don't play some special tones after the calling party answers to alert us that it's ourself calling (folks tend to find it annoying when you blast some MF tones in their ear when we call with a notification - although this type of thing has been requested for multiply forwarded calls through external providers that don't provide the original calling number for us).

So, short story, when we see a call come in and we notice that the calling number is an extension assigned to one of our ports, we terminate the call.

Thank for the info Jeff...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

FYI - In Unity 4.0(4) we did implement that capability Jeff mentioned in his earlier messages - basically if a call from Unity gets forwarded around, then back to Unity such that the original calling party info is lost (so we can't tell it was Unity), we still have a way to know the caller is Unity and disconnect the call.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_release_note09186a008022e04d.html#wp174088