cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Volume

dotate
Level 1
Level 1

my auto attendent appears to be working correclty with the exception of the volume of the messages that the remote users hear when it picks up. I have used the slide bar withing unity to max it out but does that only affect messages that are recorded after moving the slide bar? Is there another way to increase the volume of the messages that users hear?

3 Replies 3

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

When you say "remote users" are you talking about IP Phone users at a remote office that their call to go Unity goes over WAN, *or* do they come in via a PSTN connection on a gateway then to unity? If it is an external call coming in on a gateway maybe adjust the output attenuation on the voice-ports on the gateway. If it is this type of call flow, do the people complain of low volume on calls not involving unity?

Any codec (region) differences for the remote users?

Are the system prompts unity plays also low in volume, or just the recorded voice mails people leave? If it is just the recorded messages, and it involves a gateway, the input gain may need adjusting.

Sorry for not being very clear. When anyone calls in to my system and they are greated by the Automated Attendant, this call handler and other greetings seem to be low in volume, if I pickup the call the volume to the dial in user is fine, it is only low on messages being played by Unity.

I too am having a similiar problem. When we call in on a cell phone and our automated attendant picks up, the volume is just low. It's still audible, but some people who call in complain, as they may not be able to hear everything clearly. I was wondering if you've found a solution since the last post.