cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity - VPIM network SMTP domain issue, please help

cjrchoi11
Level 1
Level 1

I need a help to solve the SMTP domain issue.

1. Unity

- primary location SMTP domain=domain1.com

- delivery location SMTP domain=yyyy.ca

2. Exchange server

- default recipient policy=@domain1.com and @Marnix Coosemans.ca

- VC's SMTP transport sink=domain1.com

2. 3rd party email server

- primary location SMTP domain=yyyy.ca

- delivery location SMTP domain=domain1.com

With the configuration, cannot the Unity send to 3rd party because yyyy.ca think as local instead of remote SMTP. it works if I remove yyyy.ca from the default recipient policy.

I must stick the default policy as the above and question is how can I resolve the issue? can I create a new policy with @domain1.com only and bind to VC?

Please advise.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can't have a remote delivery location as yyyy.ca AND have yyyy.ca as a default recipient policy. You would have to create a new domain for the delivery location (one that is not on the recipient policy) and then change the local delivery smtp domain on the 3rd party voicemail system.

It's just not possible to tell exchange that yyyy.ca is local and then expect it to deliver it to a remote smtp location.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can't have a remote delivery location as yyyy.ca AND have yyyy.ca as a default recipient policy. You would have to create a new domain for the delivery location (one that is not on the recipient policy) and then change the local delivery smtp domain on the 3rd party voicemail system.

It's just not possible to tell exchange that yyyy.ca is local and then expect it to deliver it to a remote smtp location.