Views
Helpful
Replies

Update Phones

pvarenholt
Level 5
Level 5

Running CUCM 10.5.

want to update descriptions based on some dynamic info from the user.

does the bulk update for phones>Custom File only allow you to select the phones and then you can update a device setting for all of these phones but not something dynamic like changing the format of the description?

for example - custom file contains device name and the item you want to update is device pool for all of the fields?

OR 

can i have a custom file containing device name, reformatted description and run that file to update all users phones so that description contains their AD user ID?

Thanks,

Paul.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Oddly enough, I answered an almost identical question from another person less than an hour ago. Yes, you absolutely can update customized fields like description using BAT.

I did a Cisco Webinar in January on BAT where one of my examples was doing bulk changes to the description field using the Bulk Edit Feature. Below is a link to the webinar. The example you are looking for starts shortly after timestamp 1:01

CUCM Bulk Administration Tool: Practical Things You Can Use Every Day  

Take a look and let me know if you have any questions.

Maren

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Oddly enough, I answered an almost identical question from another person less than an hour ago. Yes, you absolutely can update customized fields like description using BAT.

I did a Cisco Webinar in January on BAT where one of my examples was doing bulk changes to the description field using the Bulk Edit Feature. Below is a link to the webinar. The example you are looking for starts shortly after timestamp 1:01

CUCM Bulk Administration Tool: Practical Things You Can Use Every Day  

Take a look and let me know if you have any questions.

Maren

Was likely one of my teammates - thanks much for the assist.

paul.