Views
Helpful
Replies

Update Phones

pvarenholt
Level 5
Level 5

Running CUCM 10.5.

want to update descriptions based on some dynamic info from the user.

does the bulk update for phones>Custom File only allow you to select the phones and then you can update a device setting for all of these phones but not something dynamic like changing the format of the description?

for example - custom file contains device name and the item you want to update is device pool for all of the fields?

OR 

can i have a custom file containing device name, reformatted description and run that file to update all users phones so that description contains their AD user ID?

Thanks,

Paul.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Oddly enough, I answered an almost identical question from another person less than an hour ago. Yes, you absolutely can update customized fields like description using BAT.

I did a Cisco Webinar in January on BAT where one of my examples was doing bulk changes to the description field using the Bulk Edit Feature. Below is a link to the webinar. The example you are looking for starts shortly after timestamp 1:01

CUCM Bulk Administration Tool: Practical Things You Can Use Every Day  

Take a look and let me know if you have any questions.

Maren

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Oddly enough, I answered an almost identical question from another person less than an hour ago. Yes, you absolutely can update customized fields like description using BAT.

I did a Cisco Webinar in January on BAT where one of my examples was doing bulk changes to the description field using the Bulk Edit Feature. Below is a link to the webinar. The example you are looking for starts shortly after timestamp 1:01

CUCM Bulk Administration Tool: Practical Things You Can Use Every Day  

Take a look and let me know if you have any questions.

Maren

Was likely one of my teammates - thanks much for the assist.

paul.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: