Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade CUCM cluster with PCD

cthiam001
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible, using PCD, to discover CUCM cluster with 2 differents admin username and password. I mean i have 8 CUCM servers in the cluster , and i discover 6 of them with the same credentials and the last 2 with an other username and password. SO i don't know if i can upgrade the servers in this scenario.

5 Replies 5

You can change the cli password for the other two servers using "set password user"  command

Response Signature

Thank you Nithin, but i need  to use the OS admin credentials, and it seems like it's not possible to change the os admin username for the server

You cannot change, but you can add a new users, i am not sure if we can do the cluster discovery using the new user if he has privilege 1.

i have no access to PCD to test this.

Have a look on another thread related to a  different username/password for CUCM and CUPS.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications/9-1-to-12-5-pcd-migration-where-cucm-and-cups-os-admin-usernames/td-p/4137447

Response Signature

Yes i already tested it, i cannot do the cluster discovery with a user having privilege 1. that's why i use 2 diffrent username and password for a single cluster, and i am not the sure it will work when i upgrade the entire cluster

Its possible to discover  the cluster using a user with privilege 1. Admins user which you created during the installation has privilege 4. 

Create a common admin user(cli) using "set account name" command. 

Note:- before discovering the cluster you need to login to the CLI using new username and password. And change the password.

Screenshot 2021-06-18 at 6.56.07 PM.pngScreenshot 2021-06-18 at 6.56.31 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-06-18 at 6.49.07 PM.pngScreenshot 2021-06-18 at 6.57.07 PM.png

Response Signature