cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade to Exchange 2003

Trent Hurt
Level 1
Level 1

We currently are running Unity 4.0(5). With a failover box. We run server 2000 for our AD server and Exchange 2000 for that piece. We don't do unified messaging. We are currently in the process of upgrading our AD and Exchange servers to 2003. What I would like to know is if I need to purchase any kind of upgrade license for the move to Exchange 2003 or do our current Unity licenses cover the upgrade? I was told that there may be a possible upgrade fee per license because to appease the Microsoft gods. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

sopayne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

For Unity licensing, you won't need to get a new Unity license. Unity only cares if the partner server is Exchange or Domino (not which version of either).

Regarding Exchange licenses, that depends on where you got Exchange in the first place-- if you bought it directly from Microsoft, then the question should be posed to Microsoft directly.

If Exchange was purchased directly from Cisco, then that would indicate that you obtained both your Exchange 2000 and Exchange 2003 software from Cisco (or a partner) and I would direct the question about Exchange licensing to whoever supplied you with the Exchange 2003 software.

I hope this helps.