Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading form 10.5.2 to 12.5, vm8 to vm13 change

mlsc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks

We are upgrading our CUCM from 10.5.2 to 12.5 very soon. I noticed that the VM hardware version has changed from vm8 to vm13 on the new ova. Until CUCM 12.1 the ova was still using vm8, it is only with 12.5 that it changed to vm13.

I understand that all new VMs created will be with vm13, and that is fine. However, all the older VMs that are still vm8, do we need to upgrade them to hardware version 13? Can I leave them at 8? I know the roll back is hard once we go to 13, but is there really an advantage to upgrading the hardware version.

An additional note, we are not changing any of the underlying hardware (cpu, memory, storage) for this upgrade, it still has the orignal since the installation of 10.5.2.

Your thoughts are appreciated,

Thanks, Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mandatory reading for an upgrade:

A) Upgrade guide

B) Release notes

C) README/Release notes from OVA

All the requirements, procedure, and the piece of information you're asking for, would be in the above. I just went through them, as I'm making a video for this upgrade, and it's mentioned in there.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The products (and version) for which it is outlined as a required (VM HW 13), you will need to perform the upgrade of the VM HW for it to be supported, as it's mandatory.

All other products, fall under the explanation of VM HW that is in the virtualization wiki.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime

Thank you for your answer.

Is there somewhere where we can verify if the new CUCM has a minimum HW version required?

Thanks, Michael

Mandatory reading for an upgrade:

A) Upgrade guide

B) Release notes

C) README/Release notes from OVA

All the requirements, procedure, and the piece of information you're asking for, would be in the above. I just went through them, as I'm making a video for this upgrade, and it's mentioned in there.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime

Excellent!! thanks for your help.

Michael