cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

user search using jabber for windows and presence 8.6

Paul Austin
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Folks, I'm really struggling to understand what is wrong her.

basically, I have a presence cluster with 4 servers in a 2 sub-cluster arrangement. All the replication is good and users assigned to the publisher work great with all the functions howerver, when I assign any users to one of the other servers, they are struggling to search for users out of the directory. The trouble shooter is'nt showing any problems so I either have a bug or I'm just missing some configuration somewhere.

Thanks

p.s. clients are currently using jabber for windows.                  

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Searching the directory, and your CUPS cluster configuration are pretty separate.

You say you are using JfW - what directory configuration have you applied? Do you see users during the initial search? Or do they not appear at all? Do they appear then you can't add them to your contact lists?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron, When I have the user associated to one of the subscribers, I can only see contacts within the outlook contacts list. Below is the jabber config file I am using. I can add who I can see. If it makes any difference, the two sub clusters are in different IP subnets & so I have changed the routing from multicast to router - router.

UDS

true

false

tue

Thanks

Hi,

Are they in the same domain? (servers and jabber)

Regards,

Antra