cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using bulk administation tool reports to find DNs on VG224s

Bill Mungaven
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using the bulk administration tool for adding phones on CCM 6.1.4.1000 and I'm trying to get a listing of all directory numbers within a specific device pool. I got to bulk administration -> phones -> generate phone reports. This will give me all the phones configured in the device pool but not DNs configured on VG224s that are also within that device pool. I generated a detail report under gateways but that doesn't tell me the DNs configured on each of the 24 ports. How do I or can I get a report that shows the DNs configured on the VG224s within a device pool? Most ports are configured as FXS ports for fax machines.

Thank you for your help.

Bill...

1 Reply 1

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

Hope this helps...first a few assumptions:

• vg224 are SCCP controlled
  • since the vg224 (w/ SCCP) do not adhere to the device pool configuration, they listen to the priority ccm commands, you know which cucm subscriber they are subscribing to (if you want the DNs by device pool because you want to know what media resources, etc they are using this might not be enough)
  • otherwise, you might need to do a bit of cutting and pasting and/or scripting, if you have lots to do, scripting will be the answer, if not, some cutting and pasting will likely do the trick

I'm using 4.1(3), but there should be similar commands available to you w/ 6.x.

• find/list gateways of type VG224
  • click on the See Endpoints link for each VG224
  • this will list the description, MAC, and device pool for each endpoint
  • you can copy and past this data into a text file and use awk/grep to parse the DN data from a dialplan report saved to CSV file

Again, probably not the exact answer you were looking for, but at least it gives you a shot at it.