Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Netbackup with Cisco UC Servers

glenncarter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

We are upgrading to CUCM 7.1 from 4.1(3), installing two new UCCX 7 boxes in HA mode and using existing Cisco Unity 5.0 server.

As part of the upgrade we are moving the equipment into an externally managed data centre with the rest of our ICT servers.

The standard for servers in the data centre is to install Netbackup Cross Platform agent on all servers for backup of the boxes.

I am wanting to know if this is supported?

Even if we begin using netbackup I assume i still need to do my BARS, DiRT backups as well??

If anyone is able to provide any info or point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

G

1 Reply 1

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CUCM 7 does not support 3rd-party agents of any kind.  You would need to DRS backup to an off-box server which has your Netbackup installed.

Unity is more forgiving than the other applications.  A CCO search will tell you what is/is not supported for 3rd-party backup agents.

UCCX is less forgiving.  You'll need to double check this status on CCO as well.

Nonetheless, again you could employ the "backup server" approach and backup the systems directly to that box which has Netbackup loaded on it and then use that to backup that box and move backups to tape/offsite/whatever you choose to do.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: