cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Verify SIP Model Error on Presence Server

Sean McQuade
Level 5
Level 5

Hi all. I'm running CUCM 8.5.1.10000-26 and am building a Presence server (8.0.4.10000-5) to intergrate with it.

I've installed presence and followed the books to   integrate the two and everything has woked fine except for the last step   when I've gone to Diagnostics > System Troubleshooter. Everything   has a green tick except for "Verify SIP Publish Model" which says   "Currently SIP Publish is configured on the Cisco Unified Presence server, but not on the Cisco Unified Communications Manager"

I have done some googling as to what the problem may be and have gone through the troubleshooting and everything seems okay on my end. On the CUCM under Trunks, I have CUP-SIP-Trunk with a destination address of the Presence, on 5060 and Non Secure SIP Trunk Profile has Accept Presence Subscription, Accept Out-of-Dialog REFER, Accept Unsolicited Notification & Accept Replaces Header all checked. 

On the Presence, Enable  SIP Publish on CUCM is ticked with CUP-SIP-Trunk chosen from the drop  down menu, with Application Listener shows Default Cisco SIP Proxy TCP  Listener -  5060.

I've been over everything I can think of and cannot see why I'm getting this error. Can anyone shed any light?

Regards

Sean

4 Replies 4

rbiffhansen
Level 1
Level 1

Might check that UP XCP Connection manager & UP XCP Authentication Service are activated.

Hi Sean,

Do you have any actual issue with CUPC ? From what you have said it seems that everything is properly configured (regarding the SIP Publish model) so I am thinking that this might very well be cosmetic.

Thanks!

Christos

Rbiffhansen - all services are activated, including the two you mentioned.

Christos - I don't actually know, I haven't started to provision UPC to clients yet and didn't want to start as I thought there was a problem with the setup. I may try a few out as a test and see what happens.

Hi Sean,

As you say, I would try to configure some users and see if I have any problems. It might be that it's just a false alarm

Regards,

Christos