cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ViewMail for Outlook 8.5 issue with one account

corey.mckinney
Level 1
Level 1

I have VMO 8.5(7) installed on a user's laptop.  When the user logs into the laptop and opens Outlook, she gets the attached error.  I then open the log file and the following is displayed in the log.  (I blanked out the email address for security reasons)

2012-02-06 12:26:05.3454 ERROR: OUTLOOK 4464  1 VMOLibrary.Servers.Servers.LoadAllServers Failed to create voice mail account for xxxx@xxxx.com System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Padding is invalid and cannot be removed.

at System.Security.Cryptography.RijndaelManagedTransform.DecryptData(Byte[] inputBuffer, Int32 inputOffset, Int32 inputCount, Byte[]& outputBuffer, Int32 outputOffset, PaddingMode paddingMode, Boolean fLast)

at System.Security.Cryptography.RijndaelManagedTransform.TransformFinalBlock(Byte[] inputBuffer, Int32 inputOffset, Int32 inputCount)

at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptoStream.FlushFinalBlock()

at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptoStream.Dispose(Boolean disposing)

at System.IO.Stream.Close()

at System.IO.Stream.Dispose()

at VMOLibrary.Servers.BaseServer.StringDecrypt(String EncryptedString)

at VMOLibrary.Servers.BaseServer..ctor(Object AccountObject, AccountData account, RegistryKey regkey, Boolean bTestOnly)

at VMOLibrary.Servers.Connection..ctor(Object accountobj, AccountData account, RegistryKey regkey, Boolean bTestOnly)

at VMOLibrary.Servers.CxnSingleInbox..ctor(Object accountobj, AccountData account, RegistryKey regkey, Boolean bTestOnly)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct& signature, IntPtr declaringType)

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct signature, RuntimeTypeHandle declaringType)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)

at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)

at VMOLibrary.Servers.Servers.CreateServer(Object accountobj, AccountData account, RegistryKey regkey)

at VMOLibrary.Servers.Servers.LoadAllServers(Application Application)

If I log on as anyone else, Outlook loads just fine and VMO works perfectly.  Any suggestions?

9 Replies 9

corey.mckinney
Level 1
Level 1

It's Windows 7 and Outlook 2010.  Both 32-bit.

Hi Corey,

Did you every find the root cause for this?  I have some users seeing this as well.

Liz Bentler
Level 1
Level 1

I am seeing this as well on version 8.6.6

ajenks
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting similar issue with 8.6.7.1 :

2012-07-20 13:19:08.2653 ERROR: OUTLOOK 2424  1 VMOLibrary.Servers.BaseServer..ctor mscorlib

2012-07-20 13:19:08.2809 ERROR: OUTLOOK 2424  1 VMOLibrary.Servers.Servers.LoadAllServers Failed to create voice mail account for

[removed]

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Padding is invalid and cannot be removed.

Did you get anywhere with this ?

Windows 7, Outlook 2010 (32 bit)

Hi All,

Do anyone of you have an answer for this issue ?? I am having the exact same problem with VMO 8.6.7 running with Windows 7 and Outlook 2010 (32 bit).

Thanks,

Simah.

JustinM14
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

Same issue here. Has anyone been able to get a resolution to this problem?  When I search Google for simliar issues this is the only thread that comes up.  The issue occurs for me on both VMO 8.5 and 8.6, regardless of the version I get the same issue.

Thanks,

Justin

craigp
Level 4
Level 4

Any luck with this issue? I just had a user in our Citrix environment start with this issue.

Check bug CSCtz31719

tuvamerica
Level 1
Level 1

We delete entire key named with the affected user's email address under

HKEY_Current_User\Software\Cisco Systems\ViewMail for Outlook\Profiles\Outlook\Servers

Close Outlook. Reopen and it usually can be setup again just fine under Outlook options.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: