cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VMO 8.x with Unity Connection 8.5 issue

jamesalston
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have an issue with one user in my organization who is running Outlook 2010 with VMO 8.5 on his Win 7 64 bit OS.  We are running UC 8.5 single inbox and tthe issue with him is when he uses VMO to record a message his VMO indicates that its trying to dial his recording device aka his phone, but it doesn't connect. His settings are correct because when you hit the test settings button it says "Account settings test completed successfully.  I noticed that his VMO is trying to dial his 10 digit number vs. 4 digit like everyone else and in the phone number field we have his 4 digit number listed.  This user had a firewall enable but even after he disabled his firewall and reboot his PC. The recording device will not work.  Has anyone run across this issue before?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Brad Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi James,

You'll want to have him enable the VMO diagnostics check box on his client machine under the VMO settings.  Then you may try taking a look at the logs to see if anything obvious sticks out.  How did you realize that it was dialing a 10 digit number instead of the 4 digit extension?  One thing worth a shot would maybe to remove and re-install the plugin to eliminate anything surface level.  It may be worth opening a TAC case if the log and reinstall don't address it.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Hi Brad

Thank you for your help, we will try to uninstall/reinstall with firewall disabled.  When you attempt to forward or reply a voicemail,by clicking the record button, you can see what number is being dial a message stating "Calling number xxxx" is displayed. On his I saw xxx-xxx-xxxx .